Wednesday, August 19, 2009

They've Bitten Off More Than We Can Chew

I regret feeling the need to harp on the Health Care Initiative but, just because i feel like I'm drowning in it, doesn't mean I'm willing to let myself or you drift away.

President O is certainly showing his eloquence when he refers to the conservatives during the month of August as "getting all 'wee wee'd' up" I have to admit the phrase struck me so funny and he looked so ludicrous when he delivered it, I know I'll be adding it to my repertoire of funny phrases. Most of which are funnies from my kids...like "May you Please get me..." and hand me the "mocanretroll" and "Look at all the flamflingos" and so on... (I wonder if he got "wee wee'd up" from one of his kids) I digress...

Word of the day: rationing

When "bend the cost curve" is used in a sentence we can substitute rationing.

I went to the MD the other day and noticed his office has really been cleared out...I asked what was going on and was told they are "going paperless". Hmmmmm does that mean my health records can be sent quicker and easier to what ever government agency might require them?

What about Cap and Trade? (Cap and Tax) what's going on with that. is everyone going to be taxed for fuel consumption, leaky windows and the car we drive (Carbon footprint) I finally got a communication from our congresswoman and it was a 11x17, color, double sided promotional for Solar water heating, double paned windows and Toyota Piuis. Her name and photo is all over it, with her message, but no where on it was her phone number, address (not even a PO box) or email. and I am sure by now you all know who paid for it. My protest to high gas prices was to get a Smart car. I hope this means I have a light carbon footprint. Next maybe we should stop breathing... (I'm nearly a senior...bet they'd like that)

Cash for Clunkers: It really is a shame that most of the "clunkers" are automobiles, that many folks out there would love to own. Mr. O, Please pay the dealerships who are on the hook for a pile of money. If I were a dealership participating in "Cash for Clunkers", I'd keep every old car until I was reimbursed. If never paid for them, they could at least have something to sell. This program just a really nutty idea. Thank goodness it ends this weekend. I hope the folks that traded in their clunkers will be able to keep up on their new car payments... I'll be keeping an eye out for that wave of defaults.

What's next?

"People are willing to spend money when it's given to them"
anonymous email to Fox & Friends this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment