Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Same Ole, Same Ole

With the blip/diversion of the Olympic bid, the status quo seems to have taken hold. Prez O is still so ineffective in what ever he attempts to tackle.
  • The Economy - It's still stinkin'
  • Job Creation - Where are the jobs?
  • Health Care - Who knows what draft will get rammed though
  • Support in Afghanistan - be in it to win it, or get our troops out
  • ACORN - over 3 million embezzled by brother of the founder
  • Czars - new controversy over "Safe Schools" Czar.
Being so cynical is frustrating. I want to have something positive to write about. But it seems we are in a continuous vicious circle over the same old stuff. The economy recovery depends on job creation and vice verse. Health Care is just out there... bantered about like a volley ball in the hands of a bunch of Keystone Cops. I am completely astounded by the lackadaisical appearance of doing nothing.

Word of the day: think

As far as the national news, I think I've lost my momentum... Maybe I'm complaining about the wrong stuff and should look a little closer to home...
  • Texting while driving
  • Cell Phones while driving
  • Eating while driving
  • Grooming while driving
What happened to the days when there we took care of our business before we got in the car? Yesterday I was nearly broadsided by a driver who clearly was looking in another direction from her red light. There were two girls in the mini van as they whizzed by me, swerving... I am the driver of a Smart Car, I was so relieved that I saw her coming and was able to just stop for them to maneuver me out of their way. The outcome could have been a real bummer to an otherwise decent day.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so"

Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment