Friday, November 20, 2009

Rationed Care: Throw It Out There


Wouldn't you know, that the possibilities/ramifications of health care rationing would begin with women's health care. First mammograms and now pap smears. What's next, pre-natal care?

For years the research has said, annual pelvic exams and mammograms annually after the age of 40 or earlier if you have a history of Breast Cancer.

Insurance companies will no longer pay for the annual health care if research says it's unnecessary. It's kind of like eye glasses. I can get eye exam every two years. If I want another pay I will have to pay out of pocket. I guess that's ok, I am used to it. I supposed we'll get used to this new women's preventative health care too.

Word of the day: prostate

If Health Care Reform is passed, this is just the beginning.

Seniors are also on the chopping block. $400 billion will likely be cut from Medicare. Are we ready for that?

"As of today, it appears that the American Cancer Society disagrees with these new recommendations, so I can only imagine what insurance companies are going to be saying in the very near future."
Dr. Manny Alvarez (Managing Editor, Fox News Health)

No comments:

Post a Comment