Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Independent Voter

In order to be an "independent voter" one has to be an "independent thinker". I am registered Republican, because it allows me the opportunity to vote in the primary. For years I was registered in the Democrat party. And for a brief time, I was so incensed with both parties, I registered Independent. But then a primary came up and I was left ringing my hands. I can vote any which way I want, but if I am not registered in one of the current day major parties, I can only vote for referendums or in the General Elections. I like marching my "@$$ full of business" down to the polls and casting my vote, for what it's worth.

Word of the day: sufferage

It is already, nearly February...and that means that serious campaigning will begin very soon. I am a little confused as to what the significance of the Supreme Court Ruling on Campaign Contributions.... I am confused on why "Free Speech" seems to be the linch pin.

My Take?

  • If the existing politicians are any indication, greed will run rampant and big corporations will own most of them.

  • Candidates in the pockets of big doners will be able to produce, send or post fancier campaign baloney. (like we don't get enough already)

  • It will be difficult to distinguish the candidate who has his constituents in his bid or who will do anything to get elected.

  • First Amendment restored, now the only voice we'll here is the voice of big corporations and strong arm unions.

What were they thinking?

I actually Joined and bought a ticket to a "Ronald Regan Club" (I don't know or care what the real organizations name is) Banquet. There I hope to meet Marco Rubio, Republican candidate for the Senate and sit with Sandy Adams Republican candidate for Congress. I actually ponied up $75.00 for this opportunity.

"citizens, brace yourselves. An even more intense barrage of advertising and advocacy – on television, the Web and beyond – will be at hand in the 2010 midterm elections. Information overload awaits … "
Jeff Zeleny

No comments:

Post a Comment