Thursday, December 17, 2009

Facebook on the Road

Finally the biggest waste of time, Facebook, has diverted me from the other biggest waste of time, the news. Facebook has neutralized the anger I feel toward our current federal government. There is nothing I can do about it anyway...so why not indulge my new found obsession.

Lack of anger is a good thing.

Hobo and I went to the UCF vs. Rutgers in St. Petersberg, Fl. The game was a bust but our hotel was amazing. Penthouse #4, in a lovely resort on Treasure Island, FL.. How ever when I woke up the next morning I realized, I was going to a show and , would be dropped off at the theater and that I would be unable to harvest my crops in Paradise Island in time... (I had let all my trees stay in fruit, planted expensive and pretty crops) What to do? I asked Hobo to pull up Facebook on his Iphone. All I could get was the posts...no games. Rather than ask him to down load the application... I came to the only logical conclusion...

soOoOoOooooo...
I called my daughter in Woodward, OK. It was 9:00 am her time, but still I woke her from a dead sleep... Since I rarely call her, she thought someone had died. I explained my dilemma, gave her my log-in and password...asked her to take a picture of my Island, harvest my crops and pick up any debris... (forgot to mention my fish in Fishville, oh well)

Big yawn, then she said "ok, you want me to take a photo of the island, harvest your crops aaannnd pick up your trash too?" It's a good thing she also plays. Thanks Molly!


Word of the day: intervention

Over breakfast, my hobo is laughing at this entire scenario. I admitted to him this Facebook thing is getting out of control. Seriously, his response was, that he could 'block' Facebook on our home computer. What no Facebook! When he said that, I could barely catch my breath. Withdrawal began... and Facebook isn't even blocked. I stuttered and stammered... "well not yet." I said, "I'm not ready for it to be blocked." instantly researching in my mind what I would do in the event of... How I could get around the 'block' on our home computer. One of us needs to get a grip. I didn't dare mention that my fish were probably starving in Fishville and I surly had some unhappy Clown Cars to unload in Roller Coaster Kingdom.

But the bottom line is my Paradise Island crops were photographed, and harvested. I am very close to leveling up, again, and possibly rescuing the osterich, two cows two goats and 4 chickens in gift limbo. Oh, I did get to off load a chick but one of my cows disappeared into storage... and well that's another story.

"There is more than one way to skin a cat"
anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment