Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Really Matters

Hobo and I have really had some profoundly interesting conversations while driving in the car. He is so eloquent with his off the cuff thoughts. I should be taking notes. Half the time, I have forgotten the topic by the time I get home to write about it, but I remember that it was important and relevant.


Really... there is nothing more to be said... but, with all the desperate scrambling, toe tapping, hip slapping and got'chas that are going on in our nations capital, I wonder what was promised to who for their "Yes" vote. Who's gonna get an undeserved government job. Who is going to get some Benni's for their wish list. This is just phase one? Canada and England finally got total control of health care after several phases. How many phases will it take before we are in Zombie Land. Hopefully no more, because those who voted yes, will be voted out of office and the new senators and congressmen will give more consideration to their constituents. I am amazed that so many are willing to sacrifice their careers for this.

Word of the day: diversion

We all know each was promised something. These promises will not appear in this version of the HCB but will appear in other legislation as the "progressives" on Capital Hill continue to sell us down the river. The strong arm tactics are embarrassing. Do NP, BO and HR think we are blind to their antics. It's kind of like the couple "making out" in the movie theater and they think no one is watching. The world is watching.

It is a shame to have to get this HCR business repealed rather than to prevent it from happening in the first place. I think they're just trying to wear each other down... Obviously if they had the votes to pass it, it would have been voted on.

Now to the real important business...MARCH MADNESS!

I and about 28 of my friends have filled in our brackets. This is a fun time of year for Hobo...aka: Bracket Master. He gets cart blanch to watch every pre-game show, game and post game analysis...I don't know a thing about basket ball, but I do love March Madness. It took me about 10 minutes to fill out my bracket worksheet...I cannot imagine the amount of research Hobo needed, but today is when the real deal starts. Let the banter begin. Let the Dancers loose... Please let me do better than Hobo.

Let them Vote HCR, we'll deal with that in two weeks...frankly, I think congress should recess for March Madness. They have certainly recessed from unemployment and the economy...

"One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team."
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

No comments:

Post a Comment