Thursday, February 11, 2010

Makin' My List for the Mid-Term election

It's been nearly a week since I attended the Central Florida Ronald Regan Republican Assembly banquet. My main reason for going was to hear again, Marco Rubio, republican candidate for the Florida State vacated senate seat. Marco Rubio was one of many speakers at a very small 'Tea Party" rally Hobo and I attended during the summer. Well, I was not disappointed. Marco Rubio is one of the most eloquent people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and listening to. Granted, he was saying what I wanted to hear...which is probably why he was at this dinner in the first place. But he put everything that has been weighing heavy on my heart and mind, in terms I could understand and helped me to clarify my thoughts. There was no jargon, no spin, no rhetoric. No teleprompter...

We are the greatest country in the world...
  • "There is a reason why there aren't boat loads of Americans leaving and why Canada isn't building a fence to keep Americans out"
  • "We are at a crossroads of the very identity of our nation"
  • "If we make the wrong decisions, we will be leaving our children a diminished nation"

Marco Rubio, candidate for Senate,

(I think we need to keep an eye on him for future possibilities)

Word of the day: eloquent

I now plan to investigate just what national, state and local seats are up for election and the candidates who are in the running. It will also be interesting to see what happens after the 2010 Census. Possibly some new seats for the 2012 elections.

Amazing, is the negative way the 'Tea Party' movement has been portrayed. We are a voice to be reckoned with and I think liberal thinking folks are afraid of it. Be they Democrat or Republican. (Personally, I pray it will not become another rogue party, 'Divide and Conquer') but more a movement of education and awareness... a wake up call to our representatives who think once they get elected, they are in for life no looking back to see what their constituents want or need. "Do nothings..." just watch. 2010 will give a whole new meaning to 'know-nothing and do-nothing.'

"2009 was the year of rallies, it was all we could do. 2010 is the year of action"

Judson Phillips, 1 of many 'Tea Party' organizers

No comments:

Post a Comment